I have begun to list some of the Google tools and links that journalists find especially useful. Please send in your ideas. Thanks!
Google Zeitgeist – See patterns and trends using data from billions of searches. Included in Zeitgeist:
- Google Insights for Search – Type in topics that you write about to learn search patterns by date and region.
- Google Trends – Easily compare search terms of your choice over time.
- Hot Trends – See the 100 fastest rising searches in the U.S.
- Trends for websites – See traffic data for websites of your choice.
- Google Reader – Automatically scans your favorite blogs and news sites for new content.