Below are links to some of the topics we have discussed in Introduction to Mass Communication. Please review these before our midterm exam at 9 a.m. on Feb. 22.
- Does a fish know it’s wet?
- Digital technology and the Internet.
- Facebook. SEC filing (read prospectus summary, pages 1-6; and letter from Mark Zuckerberg, pages 67-70). PEW Facebook report (read summary, pages 3-7)
- Hollywood hits.
- Box-office bombs.
- Radio and music. Your questions from class.
- Tolerance and civility in the Internet age. Discussion of Tyler Clementi suicide and criminal trial of accused cyber-bully Dharun Ravi.