Below are links to material we have discussed since the mid-term exam in Introduction to Mass Communication. Notes from many of the discussions are pulled together in this PDF.
The final exam is scheduled for 8 a.m. Wednesday Dec. 5.
- News gathering: Man (and Woman) vs. Machine
- Journalism: An era of continuous change
- Kony 2012: “Human rights on steroids”
- Journalists, bloggers, social media and change
- Future of news reporting
- Whistleblowers and watchdogs
- Impact and importance of advertising
- P.R. disasters and crisis management
- Social media mishaps
- International causes
- Polarization of views
- When mass media and social networks collide
- Virtual reality: Our new cyber-existence
- Video games, zombies and more